Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 2: Get with the plan, Stan!

I have a sleeping Ellaroo (as GP Tom calls her), a full cup of (decaf) coffee, and an hour until we need to leave the house, so I thought a blog entry was in order.  We do have a big day ahead of us so I'm thankful for a few minutes of peace.  First, we're heading to the Missoula County Library with a friend to experience "Tiny Tales"; a story, song and game hour for babies 0-3.  Can't wait to see Ellie in the midst of other children.  I don't pick her up or drop her off at daycare very often, so I don't really know what her interactions are there. 

Then we will hopefully have a nice nap before heading back to the Ronald McDonald House for a re-cap/debrief on last week's Red Shoe Ball.  I have a hunch that we raised a ton more money this year, and I'm very excited to hear about it. 

Tonight is also going to be our first night "on our own" without Daddy.  He is headed to Troy, MT after work today to go on a snowmobiling trip with his good buddy Neil.  We were thinking about going with him to visit the Newton family, but I had some other stuff to do this weekend (like visiting a travelling exhibit of European masterpieces by Renoir, etc. at UM's art museum with my pal Becky), so we're staying put.  Besides, we need to have a night alone sooner or later, right?  Eh...I got this.

Finally, I wanted to explain the impetus I had to start this blog, besides keeping in touch with everyone in a more "private" arena than FB.  Recently I came across a website called http://www.moneysavingmom.com./  It has all kinds of freebies, helpful "household management" tips, recipes, etc.  I started reading it and felt a certain "Call-to-Action" to maybe see if I can implement some of her stuff to make my life easier.  The biggest difference is that she is a S.A.H.M. (stay-at-home-mom, for those of you not in the know), and I'm a working mom.  But I still find there are a lot of helpful items that, if implemented, may help me save money, be more organized, and thus be a more relaxed and happy mama/wife/friend/employee.  However, because I'm so busy all the time, I'm starting to feel like it's going to take me a week or better to even start implementing her tools.  :)  I guess patience here will be the key. 
Thanks for stopping by, and please be sure to take my poll (on the left of the main page) to tell me what you'd like to hear about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment